Saturday, June 28, 2008

A good week, a rough week ):) for this comic/producer

For starters I had 4 shows in Thursday, missed one could have been 5! However I did well all shows had 4 at Ha and one At Broadway Comedy Club. 

News...I think I may be several addictions, not drugs thanks god. Working on improving my life and only hanging around people who are nice folks. Comics who are difficult to be around I no longer spend time with. Anyone who is a piece of shit I avoid as well. Question is how do I avoid being around pieces of shit in the entertainment business? Impossible however I limit my exposure to them. Annoying people or takers are not in this category. They may be needy and clueless does not make them a bad person. Liers and manipulative people I choose not to be around as well. There are so many good people and opportunities around why waste my time with those I don't want to be around? 

Wo-es- me? I've been working with several clubs now who are not treating me well; meaning I don't get spots even though I've made them a ton of money. Many club owners/managers do this. They figure out what hurts you the most then they go for the jugular. They do this by abusing you in the worst way possible...neglect. Other comedians who are not as talented or hardworking have figured out a way or are just plain lucky. So they are getting booked and not me. Some may walk a room however they are in with the club and the management does not care. 

I was promised very good things including spots and they turn me into an asshole as I expect these things to happen. So I ask them over and over again to no avail. Fact is they are intimated by me because I'm not an idiot (don't ask my ex's lol). I have a 100% proven track record yet I that's not enough. I'm not a good boy for some reason. So....god bless everyone including Uncle Scrooge. Meaning what can I do? I'm getting up, making money and keeping my promises for the most part. That is the best I can do and hold no grudges. If a club does not work with me it is there problem, not mine.

No comments: