Saturday, June 7, 2008

I want to run away and hide! But first....a snack!

Been making some more money thanks god (or goodness for you religious freaks ( I mean observant folks). I had a great show at the Underground Lounge Friday and turned it over to a friend and talented comic on Saturday. Of course the shit hit the fan. I forget about a comic I booked and my guy was overwhelmed; with me on the ass-end of of Long Island at a private gig. 

so it all worked out however having good staff is important. My assistants are good and have to figure things out for themselves sometimes; which they did. One guy gave my assistant a hard time and is unaware of how hard running a show is; so shame on him. 

Some very good comics are coming by my shows no. Eric O'Shea for one kicks ass and Al Goodwin dropped by- funny and a great guy. Worked out east with the very Talented Mo Langen, Joe Pontillo and Joe Moffa. Everyone did well and Mo was very impressive...u go girl!

My set was amazing meaning I hosted with 8 large doors open on all sides, challenging lighting and a check/smoking/potty break that was similar to Billy Burr's infamous Phili set on the Opie and Anthony Virus tour. I held it down and did very well. Didn't walk off stage either because it was a well paid gig! Had fun as well.

I'm having trouble with all the woman around they look so yummy

Last week I walked off stage during a crappy spot at a venue that needs to do more  for stand up comedy; in my opinion. The producers work hard yet the venue allows band music from upstairs to come in and disrupt our efforts. A little sound insulation is all that is needed. 

If they do that;  More money, more gigs, more success. My wrist still hurts from my motorcycle accident. It happened 3 months ago while being reckless and hitting a pothole...I went down hard, damaging some ribs and my right wrist. Lesson- don't drive crazy and plan better. Also don't hit stuff!

I used to run a show with a friend at a really cool theater. It was a total nightmare as I was doing to much! However the first show kicked ass. Problem was I got sucked in because we decided to do a Wednesday show no cover at first: no drink minimum and they would feed my barkers and get them drunk. Good deal, right? However that dried up and we ended up doing a weekly Friday 9pm show in a new room they had; really nice space. They were going to advertize and help fill the room. They did not do one thing to help fill the room or advertise. Not their problem however another lesson learned. Don't do anything unless you can take over 100% and make things happen with or without partners.  

Ok- 1st show amazing, 2 shows later rain and a few cancellations crappy weather. We had a strong barking team out as well. Ended up closing the productions on a nice show. However a manager yelled at me because "I wasn't giving my best." Key information was withheld from me which would have made me pull the show immediately.  

My partner didn't tell me after the first show he laid out money for equipment rental which was actually a room/service rental fee of $125 dollars! Had I known that I would have cancelled all remaining shows! So the Manager tears me a new asshole. His friend and my partner were in this together using me hoping I would book "my bringer" comics on their show; not mine....their show. So I pussed out and didn't assert myself at the get go. Just kept on saying yes, a huge problem I've had. However no longer say yes all the time, especially when comics bug me when I'm out working. 

I am no longer hanging around places where comics are ravenous for spots bugging me for time. I feel often I'm surrounded by wild animals in search of fresh meat; that is what some comics can create, that envirnment. Therefore I'll tend to avoid situations that support desperation for those who believe they have no future and are seeking their next hit of "crack stagetime." It is like crack; and with a room to run I am like a crack dealer with 5 hits for 20 crackheads.

Slim, the dog I rescued appears to have found a nice home. I'm heartbroken however happy as well. They have money and house and can care for him. Yes I'd love to however my goal was to save his life from my neighbor who tried to have him killed. 2 hours before death we picked him up. He hugged me and we took him to room for one more shelter. My mission is complete and long live Slim!

I'm feeling pretty happy now and will continue to build the life for myself I've always dreamed of. Avoiding negative negative, desperate unhealthy people while improving my own thoughts and visions helps. 

My vision for myself:
Family with dogs, land, rocky water views, modern castle looking home with lots of land, trees and garage space for my cars and motorcycles. 

TV talk show, touring comedian public speaker owning several businesses. Net worth- 10 billion dollars. Why? I don't know, why not? 

Humanity- help all animals survive and improve themselves through love and understanding. Being a good person by not selling out for a buck. Being someone that children look up to; hopefully I'm half way there. Oh yeh, and to be selling out theaters around the world with funny stuff unlike some of the stuff we see on the comedy stations. I don't know how some of those people get booked either - agents I suppose; yes....god bless them why not! 


No comments: