Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing Positive.. forget the douche bags!

hey gang,
going all lowercase, what the fuck. Met a woman once  who I had the privililege of co-habititating with. She was kind enough to give me a toothbrush, even asked me what color I wanted. After hearing about 3 different choice I chose the Aqua colored one. She then tells me hers is the same color. I tell her I want a different color to avoid confusion. She then tells me hers is a light aqua and is on the left side. None of which I listened to. She goes and walks her dog, returns. Advises me upon her return I used the wrong toothbrush. I advised her to listen to the monkey next time, it was too confusing. "If you were a woman this never would have happened." "If you give a lesbian a glass of wine, she will wash the glass, understand?" Yes, I do, however you didn't listen to me. "Yes I know your a man." That's right, a monkey and listen to the monkey. "Why can't men just listen to details." I'll tell you, "because we are too busy fighting wars to make sure woman like you don't get raped by opposing soldiers." - she got it

OK- douche bags- yep, they are all over the place. Many in positions of power. Don't worry if you work for one, they will be not be in charge of you forever. In fact, I have worked with people who have ruined businesses. For some reason they master some fine art of douche bag survival and move onto the next business, ruining some small aspect of that company. Eventually the cream will rise to the top, do not worry. I am starting to focus on the positive, and will risk offending some folks. I have options, so do you! We always have them, only the douche bags that ruin businesses create no win and no option scenarios. Look at the leaders the US Auto Industry. Responsible for hundreds of thousands of jobs losses because they were too busy douche bagging it up. Now Chrysler can't even afford to lease it's own vehicals. They loose too much value! Why aren't these executives charged with treason? 

The same reason we tolerate poor leadership in our industry. We are the worst (comics) in that we are the crack heads of the entertainment world. The Comedy Colilition years back came close to achieving something, however fell short; no exit strategy. So what we had was a group of A-list acts getting higher pay from clubs they were working. A few clubs went along, one or two tricked them. Why bring this up? Because true leadership is completely absent from most industries. None of us really pulled together in a powerful way risking jail, or death. I didn't and am certainly part of any problem. However I do my best by fighting with club owners when I feel I am right. They hold the cards however we hold the key to our future. Don't sell out! Work hard to achieve your life's purpose. Be smart when dealing with power mongers. Then when it's your time, strike! And keep on striking until your mission is accomplished, or someone is dead. Or...surround yourself with good people, and permit yourself to be successful. Have everything you want in your life, why not? Go for it.


No comments: